WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Banana Pudding
(218 calories | 10 10 8 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I used the 3 ripe bananas sitting on the counter as an excuse to make this easy light banana pudding recently. Have you noticed, that when it comes to the desire for sweet treats, we can rationalize most anything?
I could have just tossed those bananas in the freezer to use in smoothies. But that wouldn't have been nearly as fun or delicious as this easy light banana pudding.
And sometimes you just need a little fun and delicious!
Skinny on Easy Light Banana Pudding
This light banana pudding is not all the way to low fat but it is lighter than most. I'm one of those people only willing to lighten desserts so far.
I'd rather eat less of something that tastes good, than more of something that doesn't. And I hate the taste of sugar-free pudding, so that's never an option.
I checked out the recipe for light banana pudding from Cooking Light on My Recipes, but it required a cooked-from-scratch pudding and turning on the oven to bake an egg white meringue topping.
With temps still in the 108 degree range here in Phoenix, I didn't feel like messing with the stove—never mind turning on the oven—to attempt a meringue.
So, I took the lazy way out and used instant vanilla pudding.
I added a cup of non-fat Greek vanilla yogurt for extra creaminess and a little boost of protein. It worked.
Both Rod and I loved this easy light banana pudding. I never mentioned it was light. And I don't think he ever suspected.
According to my calculations each serving has 218 calories and:
10 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
10 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Banana Pudding, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
If you've made this Banana Pudding, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Light Banana Pudding Recipe
- 1 large package (5.1 ounces - 6 servings) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups fat-free milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk beverage instead)
- 1 cup vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 45 vanilla wafers
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in the yogurt and whipped topping.
- Arrange ⅓ of the banana slices in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish. Spoon ⅓ of the pudding mixture over the banana. Arrange 15 of the wafers on top of the pudding.
- Repeat with another ⅓ of the bananas, ⅓ of the pudding and ⅓ of the wafers.
- Repeat again with the last ⅓ of bananas and pudding.
- Arrange the last 15 wafers around the edge of the pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this easy light banana pudding recipes, you might also like:
- French Women Don't Get Fat Chocolate Mousse
- Easy Chocolate Dessert
- Skinny Banana Cream Pie Breakfast
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!