WW Recipe of the Day: Low Sugar Mocha Pots de Crème
(162 calories | *9 WW SmartPoints)
Here’s one of my favorite easy chocolate dessert recipes.
10-minute mocha pots de creme.
The recipe is from one of my favorite baking books, The Weekend Baker: Irresistible Recipes, Simple Techniques, and Stress-Free Strategies for Busy People by Abigail Johnson Dodge.
As Abby explains in the book, Pot de Crème is the French version of American pudding.
I think this is one of my favorite chocolate dessert recipes because of how simple it is. You just whip the ingredients together in a blender and then pour the mixture into tiny dishes to chill.
How easy is that?
Granted, this isn’t one of your typical Weight Watchers “Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes” made of sugar-free chocolate pudding and light cool whip, though they can be tasty too.
Sometimes I want the real thing. The key is to keep the portion size small.
It’s what French ladies and savvy sensible American women (like my 94-year-old grandmother) have been doing for decades to stay slim and healthy.
And that’s what I love best about Weight Watchers. Nothing is off limits. It’s up to you to manage your Points budget in a way that works best for you.
The original recipe is for 4 half-cup servings. But I find this dessert is so rich, an even smaller – think shot glass size – serving is better. And it brings the Weight Watchers PointsPlus value to 4. Not bad for something so rich and delicious!
10-Minute Mocha Pots de Crème: One of My Favorite Rich and Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes
The French version of American pudding, this is one of those easy chocolate dessert recipes that whips up in minutes with the help of your blender .
The key is to use really good chocolate. The recipe says to chill this at least 45 minutes, but I’ve found it takes at least a couple of hours to cool off and firm up in my fridge.
According to my calculations, each serving has 162 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Mocha Pot de Crème Flavor Variations:
Bourbon and dark rum work well in place of the coffee liqueur.
For fruit flavored liqueurs such as orange or raspberry, omit the coffee granules.
If you’ve made this easy Mocha Pots de Crème, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipe: Mocha Pots de Creme
- 1 cup (8 fl ounces or 233 ml) heavy cream
- 4 ounces (113 grams) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Have out 8 tiny serving dishes. I like to use shot glasses. But tiny wine glasses, ramekins or tea cups would all work too.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream just until boiling.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped chocolate, sugar, and espresso powder or coffee granules into a blender.
- When the cream is just boiling, pour it into the blender. Place the lid on the blender and blend on medium high speed until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is frothy and smooth.
- Add the liqueur and vanilla and process until blended, about 10 seconds.
- Using a spoon, skim off the foam from the top of the custard and discard.
- Pour the chocolate cream into the ramekins or cups, dividing evenly.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a few chocolate shavings, if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this easy chocolate dessert, you might also like:
- Chocolate Mousse
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Ganache Topped Brownies
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Almond Bark
- French Women Don’t Get Fat Chocolate Mousse
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!