WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider
(154 calories | *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I enjoyed a cup of this slow cooker caramel apple cider on Halloween along with a little slow cooker chocolate brownie.
It was the perfect sweet treat for Halloween. Or any fall day, really.
I’ve never had the caramel apple spice cider at Starbucks, but it sounds pretty darned good…
Steamed, freshly pressed apple juice and cinnamon syrup. Topped with sweetened whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
But Starbucks’ Caramel Apple Spice Short with No Whipped Cream is *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints and the Caramel Apple Spice Short with Whipped Cream is *11 Freestyle SmartPoints!
Check out all the WW SmartPoints Values for Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice:
- Caramel Apple Spice Short with no whipped cream
(*8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- Caramel Apple Spice Short with whipped cream
(*11 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- Caramel Apple Spice Tall with no whipped cream
(*12 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- Caramel Apple Spice Tall with whipped cream
(*16 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- Caramel Apple Spice Grande with no whipped cream
(*16 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- Caramel Apple Spice Grande with whipped cream
(*20 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- Caramel Apple Spice Venti with no whipped cream
(*21 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
- Caramel Apple Spice Venti with whipped cream
(*25 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider
But, as soon as I saw a recipe for slow cooker caramel apple cider as I was flipping through More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes by Stephanie O’Dea, I wanted to try it.
I decided that – instead of candy – a cup of warm, sweet and spicy slow cooker apple cider would be the perfect way to celebrate Halloween.
According to my calculations, each cup of crock pot caramel apple cider has 154 calories and *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this slow cooker caramel apple cider, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Crock Pot Apple Cider with Orange Juice, Slow Cooker Hot Spiced Cider, Slow Cooker Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte and Lightened Up Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
If you’ve made this low fat Crock Pot Caramel Apple Cider, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider Recipe
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping (such as Smuckers)
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons sweetened light whipped cream (such as Reddi-Wip)
- More caramel for drizzling, if desired
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2-Quart.
- Pour the apple cider into your slow cooker.
- Add the caramel syrup and spices and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours (or on HIGH for 2 hours), or until heated through.
- Stir well and ladle into mugs. Squirt with a little whipped cream and drizzle of caramel if desired.
Source: Slightly adapted from More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes by Stephanie O’Dea
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to create your own favorite slow cooker apple cider at home:
If you like this slow cooked caramel apple cider recipe, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Chai Apple Cider (Cookin’Canuck)
- Apple Cider Sparkle Party Punch (SkinnyKitchen)
- Spiced Apple Cider Sangria (TheYummyLife)
- Apple Cider-Tini (SkinnyKitchen)
Here’s another way to make crock pot apple cider from scratch:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!