WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
(169 calories | 6 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I had a hankering for broccoli cheese soup recently.
It’s always been a favorite. And it’s been ages since I’ve indulged.
So, I tossed a few ingredients in the crock pot yesterday afternoon.
And was rewarded with this creamy and delicious slow cooker broccoli cheese soup that we gobbled up for supper last night.
Skinny on Easy Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
This soup recipe uses processed ingredients, which I’m okay with every once in a while. If you prefer from scratch recipes, be sure to check out this light and healthy broccoli cheese soup.
Rod said that this soup ranked right up there with Friday night’s Moroccan chicken, which I consider a huge compliment.
And he didn’t want it to end. So, he had seconds!
This really is an amazing soup, considering how easy it is. I didn’t want to stop eating it either. It tasted so creamy and delicious. I’d never guess it was light.
I probably could have adapted this stove top broccoli cheese soup recipe for the slow cooker.
Instead I took the lazy way out and adapted a recipe from Fix-it and Forget-it 5-Ingredient Favorites: Comforting Slow Cooker Recipes that I was able to toss together in less than 10 minutes.
This slow cooker broccoli cheese soup is a winner. I’ll definitely be making it again.
According to my calculations, each serving has 169 calories and
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Easy Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 3 cans (10.75 ounces each) cream of potato soup
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) low-fat evaporated milk
- 8 ounces reduced fat Velveeta cheese (about 2 cups cubed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3 to 4-Quart
- Place the potato soup, broccoli, and broth in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 or until the broccoli is very tender.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking time, stir in the evaporated milk and cubes of velveeta and continue cooking, with the lid on, until the cheese is melted and soup is hot.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Source: adapted from Fix-it and Forget-it 5-Ingredient Favorites: Comforting Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooker broccoli cheese soup recipe you might also like:
- Slim Healthy Cream of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Skinny Broccoli Cheese Muffins
- Slow Cooker Chicken Rice and Broccoli
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!