Have you ever noticed how easy it is to get so busy focusing on the next goal or desire we forget to pause and give thanks for all the good that has already happened?
It's a mistake that can lead to lack of contentment in life and eventual burnout.
Taking time to pause, reflect and celebrate your success on and off the scale is an important part of enjoying a happy healthy balanced life. So, this morning right after finishing my "to do" list, I took a few minutes to reflect on all the good that has transpired on the blog and in my life this year...
My Successes This Year!
- After years of talking about it, Rod and I joined my friend, Hallie, on her Savoring Provence Maison Mollans Culinary Tour. I still want to write up my notes and share my recipes from this enriching experience with you.
- We added to more WW friendly eCookbooks (Skinny Dips and Favorite Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken) to our best selling eCookbook bundle.
- We updated all the bundle's eCookbooks with the new WW Freestyle Plan SmartPoints values. (Because of the expanded list of 0 SmartPoints Foods on the new WW Freestyle Plan (launched in early December) many of the SP values had changed. (Click here for a list of all the recipes and their updated SP values.)
- In response to lots of requests, we published our first Month of Meal Plans eBook.
- My sister, Brenda, joined us here on the blog to share more about her experiences with supporting health and wellness by incorporating essential oils into your everyday life, something I'm doing too, but didn't have time to write about.
- Our email list has grown to over 60,000 subscribers, something I never would have predicted in my wildest dreams, when I set out to share easy recipes and tips for living a happy, healthy, balanced life!
- Thousands have completed the 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss Challenge eCourse/eBook to firmly plant themselves on the path to slow and steady lasting weight loss success!
- We also received more than a dozen incredible Weight Loss Success Stories submissions which provide a steady supply of inspiration and constant reminder that there's no one way to lose weight.
- Peter created an AMAZING CUSTOMIZED RECIPE SEARCH! which brings back only results from my favorite WW friendly recipe sites.
- Peter also created a catalog of testimonials we have received from readers that make my heart sing every time I sneak a peek.
- And best of all, Peter adopted two adorable dogs - Bentley and Fenway!
Before the year is over and you find yourself charging ahead with your goals next year, be sure to take a few minutes to sit down and write out all the positive changes that have occurred in your life this year and see how far you have come! If you are so inclined, please let us know in a comment below 🙂
Do you have a weight loss success story of your own to share? Click here to submit it to us so you can inspire others!
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
You Might Also Like:
- Celebrate Small Successes Giveaway
- Weekly Weight Loss Devotional: Positive Self Talk
- Weekly Weight Loss Devotional: You Are Worthy
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Thank you for your letter .I joined W/W 16 weeks ago have managed to loose 17.4 pds and at 68 years old am very happy .Igave up smoking only in 2012 and sad to say got COPD.and Emphasesima within 5 month now on oxygen and in long class so decided to do something good for my self and joined W/W. So we were just given new books which now free Points so thank you as i follow along with this new part of W/W. and recipes Sue....
I had an amazing 27 FitPoints yesterday!