WW Recipe of the Day: Roasted Red Beet Hummus
I am not a big fan of beets but I do know they are very nutritious. In addition to being high sources of vitamins A, B and C, beets are also high in potassium, magnesium, fiber, iron, beta-carotene and folic acid - just to name a few.
It is true that beets are high in sugar, but they are also low in calories and may help to lower your blood pressure, boost your stamina, fight inflammation and help with detox.
I spotted this recipe for red beet hummus in the April issue of Cooking Light. I loved the color and the fact that it was topped with crumbled blue cheese and walnuts made it all the more appealing.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Hummus?
Each 3 tablespoon serving has about 90 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
I served this beet hummus with fresh baby carrots and sliced jicama, but it would also be good with baked pita chips or your favorite whole grain cracker.
If you've made this Easy Beet Hummus, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Red Beet Hummus Recipe
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15-ounces) unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium beet
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove
- Wash and peel the beet with a vegetable peeler. Wrap the beet in microwave-safe parchment paper and cook on HIGH for about 3 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove beet from paper and let stand for 5 minutes and cut into quarters.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, chickpeas, beet, salt, water, honey and garlic to your food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
Recipe Source: Cooking Light, April 2015
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Kitchen Tools Used To Make This Hummus
More Dips and Spreads You Might Like
- Slow Cooker Pizza Fondue
- Low Fat Greek Herb Dip
- Homemade Weight Watchers Guacamole
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!