If you are looking for a simple side dish that pairs with just about everything, you need to give these Peas with Pancetta a try. With just a handful of common ingredients, minimal chopping and about 20 minutes from start to finish, this delicious dish is a snap to prepare.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Peas and Pancetta Side Dish?
According to my calculations, each serving has 145 calories.
How to Make Peas with Pancetta, Step-by-Step
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan.
Step 3: Add the pancetta and shallot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the pancetta begins to brown and the shallot is tender and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Step 4: Add the frozen peas, salt and pepper and cook over medium-low heat until the peas are hot and heated through, about 5 minutes.
Step 5: Turn of heat, stir in mint. Taste before serving and add additional seasonings if desired.
Step 6: Serve hot.
Step 7: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Shallots are like smaller and milder tasting onions with just a hint of garlic. Look for them near the onions in most well-stocked grocery stores.
To make this ahead, sauté the pancetta and shallots as instructed. Remove from heat and set aside. When you are ready to finish the recipe, reheat the pancetta, add the peas and finish according to recipe directions.
Ways to Use Leftovers
Store any leftover peas in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Gently reheat in microwave until heated through. Alternatively, reheat in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-low heat until warm.
If you've made this classic Peas with Pancetta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Peas and Pancetta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta, ¼-inch-diced
- 1 large shallot, halved and sliced
- 16 ounces frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-½ tablespoons fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan.
- Add the pancetta and shallot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the pancetta begins to brown and the shallot is tender and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, salt and pepper and cook over medium-low heat until the peas are hot and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Turn of heat, stir in mint. Taste before serving and add additional seasonings if desired.
- Serve hot.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe source: Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Simple Peas with Pancetta and Fresh Mint, you might also like
- Curried Peas with Sweet Potatoes
- Ham and Peas Pasta Salad
- Easy 5-Ingredient Pea Soup with Quinoa
- Oven-Baked Shrimp Risotto
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!