WW Recipe of the Day: Fresh Fruit Filled Chocolate Dipped Cones
(54 calories | 3 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Today I'm sharing a fun way to eat your fresh fruit: fruit filled chocolate dipped ice cream cones!
I've discovered that adding just a little bit of dark chocolate to a fresh fruit dessert is a simple way to boost both its flavor and nutrition. With this recipe, a little melted chocolate transforms ordinary cake cones and some fruit into a decadent no-bake delight.
Is Dark Chocolate Healthy?
Studies show dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients, is a powerful antioxidant, can help curb cravings, and may even improve your brain function. Go dark chocolate!
Making delicious desserts doesn't have to be complicated or require a serious time commitment. Recipes like this one keep the ingredients to a minimum and are flexible so you can simply use what you find in your pantry.
Get creative with your toppings. Try shredded coconut, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, mini M&Ms, cookie crumbs, pomegranate seeds, or even bee pollen.
You can make the cones up ahead or get everyone involved to dip and decorate their way.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Quick & Easy No Bake Dessert?
According to my calculations, each serving has 54 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Fruit-Filled Chocolate Dipped Cones
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small but deep microwave safe bowl . Heat in 15 second intervals until melted. Stir to combine.
Step 3: Dip each cone into the chocolate
and immediately into the sprinkles or topping of your choice.
Step 4: Set the dipped cones on wax paper to firm.
Step 5: Wash all berries. For any larger fruit (like strawberries), cut into bite-size pieces. Mix berries together with mint, if using.
Step 6: Fill each cone with berries and serve.
Recipe Notes, Substitutions & Variations
- To keep the sugar, calories and WW points low, I used plain cake cones. For a sweeter, fancier treat substitute sugar or waffle cones.
- Use any type of firm fruit. Simply slice it into bite size pieces.
- Substitute white chocolate, milk chocolate or semi-sweet for the dark.
- Get creative with your toppings. Try shredded coconut, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, mini M&Ms, cookie crumbs, pomegranate seeds, or even bee pollen.
If you've made these Chocolate Dipped Fruit Cones, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Fruit-Filled Chocolate Dipped Cones
- 6 mini cake cones
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1-½ ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small but deep microwave safe bowl. Heat in 15 second intervals until melted. Stir to combine.
- Dip each cone into the chocolate and immediately into the sprinkles or topping of your choice.
- Set the dipped cones on wax paper to firm.
- Wash all berries. For any larger fruit (like strawberries), cut into bite-size pieces. Mix berries together with mint, if using.
- Fill each cone with berries and serve.
Recipe source: Chocolate Dipped Fruit Cones from MyFussyEater
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Skinny Desserts for Weight Watchers
- Candy Corn Fruit Parfaits
- Fresh Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
- Fruit Skewers with Lemon Cheesecake Dip
- Guiltless 7-Up Cupcakes
- Upside-Down Strawberry Pretzel Pie
- Easy Cookie Cannolis
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Pie
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!