WW Recipe of the Day: Frozen Low-Fat Tropical Papaya Dessert
(45 calories | 1 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
If you’ve never had papaya (or guava) before, you’re going to love this simple creamy frozen dessert. It mixes together in minutes—though you will want to plan ahead and make sure you have a frozen banana ready to go.
This makes a simple and delicious dessert that’s perfect for anyone who loves ice cream, but not all the added sugar, fat and calories.
Fresh papaya is high in fiber, healthy antioxidants and contains a natural enzyme called papain that helps support digestion. It has a sweet taste with orange-colored flesh.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Low Calorie Frozen Dessert?
According to my calculations, each 1/2-cup serving has 45 calories and:
1 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Papaya Frozen Dessert
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 3: Choose Variable 1 (Low) and turn the blender on. Gradually increase the speed to 10 and switch to Variable II (High). Use the tamper as necessary to press the ingredients down into the spinning blades.
Step 4: After 30-45 seconds, you’ll notice a change in the sound of the motor and will see the mixture form into 4 mounds. When this happens, turn it off. (If you continue blending, the mixture will begin melting.)
Step 5: Serve immediately.
Step 6: Add any leftovers to an airtight container and store in the freezer. Before enjoying from the freezer, set the container on the counter and allow it to soften to desired consistency. (The time for softening will vary depending on amount of frozen dessert and current room temperature.)
Skinny Frozen Creamy Frozen Tropical Fruit Treat Recipe Notes
The Greek yogurt and banana give this frozen dessert a very creamy texture and the papaya (or guava) add a tropical flair.
Top with a sprig of mint, enjoy a shortbread biscuit on the side, or top with a dollop of whipped cream. (Be sure to adjust your WW Points as necessary.)
Ways to Use Leftovers
If using frozen leftovers, allow to soften at room temperature and top with your favorite granola and fresh fruit for a healthy smoothie bowl.
If you’ve made this Frozen Low-Fat Papaya Dessert, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Frozen Tropical Papaya Dessert
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh papaya (or guava) chunks
- 1 banana, peeled, quartered and frozen
- 1 orange, peeled and halved
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave nectar)
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Add all ingredients (in the order listed) to Vitamix blender container (or other high powered blender). Secure the lid.
- Choose Variable 1 (Low) and turn the blender on. Gradually increase the speed to 10 and switch to Variable II (High). Use the tamper as necessary to press the ingredients down into the spinning blades.
- After 30-45 seconds, you'll notice a change in the sound of the motor and will see 4 mounds form within the mixture. When this happens, turn it off. (If you continue blending, the mixture will begin melting.)
- Serve immediately.
- Add any leftover to an airtight container and store in the freezer. Before enjoying from the freezer, set the container on the counter and allow it to soften to desired consistency. (The time for this softening will vary depending on amount of frozen dessert and current room temperature.)
Recipe source: The Vitamix Cookbook: 250 Delicious Whole Food Recipes to Make in Your Blender from Jodi Berg
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Skinny Frozen Desserts for Weight Watchers
- Frozen Low Calorie “Banana Split”
- Easy 2-Ingredient Watermelon Lime Frozen Dessert
- 1-Ingredient Banana “Ice Cream”
- WW 5-Ingredient Ice Box Cake
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!