WW Freestyle Recipe of the Day: Low-Calorie Sriracha Meatballs
(170 calories | *4 WW SmartPoints)
Keeping it simple yet flavorful in the kitchen is my preferred way to cook most days. I love bold ethnic flavors with a little spice.
My husband on the other hand really likes to crank up the heat. We have a refrigerator shelf dedicated to storing a variety of hot sauces.
One staple, we always have on hand, is Sriracha. At pepperscale.com they define Sriracha as a unique hot sauce – thick with hot pepper flavor without a lot of spices.
Many hot sauces take the opposite approach. For instance, Louisiana hot sauces (like Tabasco) use lots of vinegar and are tangy. And harissa utilizes a variety of exotic spices.
This easy low calorie meatball recipe makes us both happy. I love the flavor of Sriracha, and my husband, Gary, can always kick-it-up with a little more sauce on the side. You can adjust the amount of Sriracha used to make these meatballs to your liking.
Sriracha Sauce Meatballs Recipe Notes
I used a small ice cream scoop (approximately a tablespoon size) to form the meatballs, which really speeds up the process and eliminates the mess of rolling them by hand.
I like this low calorie ground turkey recipe, but if you prefer you could use any type of ground meat (chicken, pork or beef).
You could also substitute with cooked flaked fish. Just flatten the balls for an asian flavored fishcake.
To make the meatballs gluten-free or Paleo friendly, just use shredded zucchini or any other type of squash, or ground nuts, in place of the bread crumbs.
Easy Sriracha Turkey Meatballs Serving Ideas
- Serve meatballs with rice noodles and shredded carrots, daikon or jicama.
- Serve with steamed rice (or cauliflower rice) and sautéed greens.
- Add meatballs to a fresh spinach salad, no dressing required.
- Serve with a cucumber salad and cauliflower mash.
Favorite Ways to Use Sriracha Meatball Leftovers
- Make a low carb Korean bowl by dicing up meatballs and sautéing with zucchini noodles.
- Add all your leftovers (meatballs, rice noodles and shredded carrots, daikon or jicama) to a miso broth for a quick soup.
- Make fried rice by combining leftover rice, meatballs, a beaten egg, thawed peas and soy sauce.
- Freeze them to use later.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these low carb Sriracha Turkey Meatballs, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Sriracha Sauce Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (plus more to drizzle on top, optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease pan.
- Add ground turkey to a large mixing bowl. Add breadcrumbs, sriracha, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, lightly beat egg. Add egg to the turkey bowl.
- Use your hands to gently fold all ingredients until blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon of turkey, shape into meatballs. Place approximately 22 meatballs on the prepared sheet pan.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until meatballs are golden brown.
Recipe source: All Recipes – Chicken Sriracha Meatballs
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these low calorie Sriracha meatballs, you might also like:
- WW Slow Cooker Porcupine Meatballs
- Hawaiian Crock Pot Meatballs
- Slow Cooked French Onion Meatballs
- WW Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs
- Low Calorie Thai Green Curry Meatballs
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!