myWW Recipe of the Day: Oven Roasted Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers, Onions & Potatoes
Here's a great easy dinner recipe, especially if you are looking for tasty sausage recipes for dinner.
Sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes roasted in the oven. This was one of my favorite suppers when I was growing up. My mom was making sheet pan suppers years before they were a thing!
I've also included an equally delicious variation that adds pieces of chicken and crushed tomatoes to the mix. Both versions are personal favorites of mine.
Mom used to make this great easy baked sausage recipe for dinner regularly. She learned to make it by watching her Italian-American sister-in-law prepare it back in the early 1960s, so it's an easy recipe that has stood the test of time in our family.
I still enjoy this dish as much as when I was a kid.
While Mom always made it with Italian sausage made from pork, I often use Italian chicken or turkey sausage instead.
When it comes to making easy dinners you can't beat the oven, which allows you to make hearty home cooked meals with minimal effort.
And isn't that what simple cooking day to day is all about?
Once the mixture of chunks of Italian sausage, onion, pepper and potato (and optional chicken and tomato) are tossed together in a pan with olive oil and seasonings and placed in the oven, you are free to relax, catch up with yourself or leisurely make a salad until dinner's ready. Now, how easy is that?
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in Sheet Pan Sausage, Onions, Peppers & Potatoes?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 338 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
9 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Oven Roasted Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes in the Oven
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage, hot, sweet, or mixed, each cut crosswise into 3 chunks
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and each cut into 8 pieces
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 medium onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F degrees. For easy cleanup line a large roasting pan (large enough to comfortably fit all the ingredients in a single layer) with aluminum foil. (I like to use a half sheet pan.)
- Place the sausage, potatoes, peppers, onions and garlic (if using) in the pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the ingredients. Season with the oregano, salt and pepper. Toss to coat everything with the oil and seasonings.
- Roast in the oven until the potatoes are tender and the sausage is browned, 45 to 60 minutes, stirring the mixture every 20 minutes or so.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Healthy Sausage Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Italian Sausage & Pasta with Vegetables
- Slow Cooker Lentil Sausage Stew
- Skinny Pasta with Italian Sausage, Peppers & Onions
- Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!