Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Chocolate Tart
Here's an easy delicious chocolate dessert that's definitely worth the splurge.
I made the recipe for chocolate pudding with almond topping from Essential Pépin: More Than 700 All-Time Favorites from My Life in Food and then spread it into a prepared graham cracker crust that had been lingering in the pantry far too long.
It's like a grown up version of the chocolate cream pie my mom used to make from a box of pudding back when I was a kid.
In his headnotes, Jacques describes this as "Quick to make and not too rich." Obviously, Jacques has never been on Weight Watchers—or been caught up in the low-fat frenzy—because from my perspective this is incredibly rich and delicious.
Made with egg, egg yolk, bittersweet chocolate, flour, sugar, milk, and instant coffee granules, it's essentially chocolate pastry cream. And boy oh boy is it yummy!
It's the luscious kind of creamy chocolate dessert I have learned to eat just a sliver of and be happy, happy, happy.
Give me three bites of this delicious chocolate tart over a ton of sugar-free fat-free chocolate pudding any day. (It wasn't always this way, but thankfully, I've finally seen the light.)
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chocolate Dessert Tart?
I've provided nutritional estimates and Weight Watchers Points for both ⅛th and 1/12th of the recipe. But the truth is that I can be happy with the tiniest sliver of this delicious dark chocolate tart; just 2 or 3 bites which in my world equates to 2 to 3 Points.
When cutting this tart into 8 servings, each slice will be 328 calories and:
11 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
11 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
11 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
9 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you're turning this into 12 servings, each slice will be 219 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Splurge-Worthy Chocolate Tart, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Chocolate Tart Recipe
- 1-½ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Place the milk and espresso powder, or coffee granules, in a saucepan set over medium-high heat and bring it just to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg, egg yolk, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add the flour and mix it well.
- Whisk about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture and combine well. Pour the contents of the bowl back into the saucepan and bring in to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Transfer the hot mixture back to the bowl and add the chocolate pieces. Let it stand for about 2 minutes.
- Whisk until the chocolate is melted and well combined. Cool slightly and then pour/scrape into a prepared graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Before serving, spread the almonds out on a small baking pan and bake them in a 400F degree preheated oven, until nicely browned, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle slices of the tart with the toasted almonds.
Source: Slightly adapted from Essential Pépin: More Than 700 All-Time Favorites from My Life in Food by Jacques Pépin
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- 10-Minute Mocha Pots de Creme
- French Women Don't Get Fat Chocolate Mousse
- 14 Favorite Chocolate Treats
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!