WW Recipe of the Day: Old-Fashioned Crunchy Jumble Cookies
(120 calories | 6 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Nana's crunchy jumbles are one of my favorite cookies from childhood that have stood the test of time. I love these crunchy jumbles now as much as I did back then.
Did you know October 1 is Homemade Cookies Day or that October is National Cookie Month?
On a more serious note, October is also National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The Skinny on Crunchy Jumble Cookies
So in honor of my 91-year-old grandmother, a breast cancer survivor, I made a batch of her crunchy jumble cookies today. They are a simple old-fashioned cookie made chewy, crunchy and sweet with rice crispies and raisins.
She got the recipe from her sister-in-law, My Great Aunt Esther, decades ago and makes them a few times a year.
Can you imagine still baking in your 90s? I hope to be! There is something so sweet and satisfying about baking and sharing cookies, I hope I never have to quit.
You should get about 48 crunchy jumbles from a batch. Each 2-cookie serving has 120 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made these Low-Fat Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Nana's Crunchy Jumble Cookies Recipe
- 1-¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rice crispies
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line them with parchment. (My cookies turn out better since I switched to parchment years ago.)
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the rice crispies and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoons onto the prepared pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes and then transfer them with a spatula to a rack to cool completely. (Or enjoy warm)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like Nana's Crunchy Jumble Cookies you might also like:
- Crock Pot Rice Krispie Treats
- Rice Krispie Date Balls
- Wheaties Coconut Cookies
- Old Fashioned Wheaties Cherry Blinks
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!