WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Fruited Pork Loin
(255 calories | 7 7 7 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I got the idea for this Fruited Pork Loin from my local grocery store. When I stopped in looking for dinner ideas they had pork loin roasts stuffed with dried fruit sitting in the meat counter. So, I grabbed one and cooked it in my slow cooker. It was really tasty.
Stuffing dried fruit into a pork loin is not something I would go to the trouble of doing myself. I'm much too lazy.
Skinny on Fruited Pork Loin Roast
I'd make a simple fruited pork loin roast like this one instead. By topping a pork loin with dried fruit and cooking it in the slow cooker with thinly sliced onions, dried fruit and a little spiced apple juice.
Simple. Delicious. No muss, no fuss.
According to my calculations, each serving has 255 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Served with crock pot spinach spoon bread, it makes for a hearty satisfying meal. Enjoy!
If you've made this Slow Cooked Fruited Pork Roast, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crock Pot Fruited Pork Loin Roast
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- 8 ounces mixed dried fruit (1 -1-½ cups), depending on fruit size. (I used a combination of chopped dried apricots, golden raisins and Craisins. Dried apples, pears, peaches and plums would be good too.)
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
- ¼ teaspoon dried cinnamon
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3- to 4-Quart.
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker.
- Place the onion slices in the slow cooker and set the pork on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with the dried fruit.
- Stir together the apple juice and spices and pour over the fruit.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Slice thinly and serve topped with the dried fruit, onions and pan juices.
Source: adapted from Betty Crocker
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this recipe for Crock Pot Fruited Pork Roast you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Applesauce
- Easy Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork Roast
- Italian Slow Cooker Pork and White Bean Stew
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!