WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Chocolate Tapioca Pudding
(154 calories | *8 WW SmartPoints)
I enjoyed the slow cooker tapioca pudding I made a while back so much I decided to try a chocolate version.
I’m so glad I did. It was creamy, rich and delicious.
Perfect if you love creamy chocolate desserts as much as I do.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Chocolate Tapioca Pudding
Cocoa powder is a great low fat way of adding rich chocolate flavor to desserts with minimal calories.
It’s a calorie conscious chocolate lover’s best friend.
Each serving of this crock pot chocolate tapioca pudding has 154 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Slow Cooked Chocolate Tapioca Pudding, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crock Pot Chocolate Tapioca Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups of milk (I used half whole milk and half so-delicious coconut milk beverage)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dry small pearl tapioca
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Ideal slow cooker size: 1-1/2 Quart.
- Combine the milk and sugar, tapioca, cocoa powder and salt in your slow cooker, stirring well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every once in a while. (The tapioca should be soft but not very thick.)
- In a small mix bowl, beat the eggs slightly. Stir about 1/2 cup of the hot tapioca mixture and the vanilla into the eggs. (You are tempering the eggs so they don't scramble when you add them into the hot pudding.) Then stir in another 1/2 cup, mixing well.
- Stir the egg mixture back into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 more minutes.
- Transfer the pudding to a bowl (it should be thickened but still thin. Don't worry it thickens more as it chills.) Cover the surface with plastic wrap. Allow to cool at room temperature for 1 hour and then place it in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like crock pot chocolate pudding you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Rice Pudding
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Slow Cooker Rice Pudding
- Slow Cooker Tapioca Pudding
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!