Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Cajun Pasta Sauce
Slices of cajun style turkey sausage slow cooked with onions, peppers, tomato sauce and spices and finished with a bit of reduced fat cream cheese.
I served this crock pot cajun sausage pasta sauce with bow-tie pasta, but most any cut of pasta would work. I think it would be good over brown rice too.
This delicious recipe would probably make a true Cajun cook cringe, but it’s delicious nonetheless.
Skinny on Crock Pot Cajun Sausage Pasta
My favorite kind of healthy meal made easy. Most of the work is done early in the day.
All that’s left to do at dinnertime is cook the pasta and make a simple salad.
This dish has a nice little ‘kick,’ just right for our tastes.
And you’d never guess how relatively low in fat and calories it is, given how creamy and satisfying it tastes.
We happily ate it two nights in a row. Always the sign of a winner!
According to my calculations each serving of sauce (without pasta) has 176 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints following WW new 2018 program.
Crock Pot Cajun Sausage Pasta Sauce
- 12 ounces cajun style turkey sausage, sliced 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 green or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 can (about 14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons cajun/creole seasoning
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- Cooked pasta for serving
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart.
- Place the sausage, onion, pepper, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes and seasoning in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- When ready to serve stir in the cream cheese until melted and well combined.
- Serve the sauce over cooked pasta. Or stir together the cooked pasta and sauce and serve.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this WW Friendly Cajun Pasta Sauce, You Might Also Like:
Skinny Slow Cooker Marinara (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Shrimp ‘n Slaw Marinara (HungryGirl)
One-Pot Spaghetti & Meat Sauce (SkinnyTaste)
Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs with Sauce (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Zucchini Noodles Bolognese (EatYourselfSkinny)
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!