WW Recipe of the Day: Creamy Low Fat Vegan Strawberry Mousse
(156 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
If you like strawberries, then you’re going to love this dairy-free, low fat creamy strawberry mousse. Just 5-ingredients, a pinch of salt and about 10 minutes are all you need to assemble this delicious dessert.
The mousse will need to chill in the refrigerator, for at least 4 hours and up to one day—so be sure to plan for that.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Creamy Strawberry Mousse?
According to my calculations, each serving has 156 calories and *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Dairy-Free Strawberry Mousse Step-by-Step
Step 1: Gather six 6-ounce ramekins, or dessert glasses, and set aside. Add apple juice, agave nectar, cornstarch and salt to medium saucepan and whisk together.
Simmer over medium heat and whisk often. Reduce heat and simmer, while constantly whisking, until mixture has thickened, about 30 seconds. Mixture will become very thick. Remove pan from the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
Purée until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Divide strawberry mousse among the ramekins or dessert glasses.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (until thoroughly chilled), or up to 1 day.
Low Fat Strawberry Mousse Recipe Notes
You’ll definitely want to use silken, or soft, tofu to make this mousse. Unlike regular tofu, silken tofu is sometimes packaged in aseptic boxes (also known as drink boxes) that do not need to be refrigerated.
Because of this, you may find silken tofu in another part of your grocery store, apart from the refrigerated section which usually stores regular tofu.
Silken tofu helps provide the creamy texture of this mousse and is a suitable replacement for dairy in many vegan/vegetarian recipes. Many dairy-free salad dressings, sauces and desserts will sometimes use puréed silken tofu to help with the thickening and getting to the desired level of creaminess.
Strawberry Mousse Serving Suggestions
Serve this mousse plain, with a sprig of fresh mint, or will a dollop of natural light whipped topping. A platter of whole fresh strawberries complements this mousse nicely.
Ways to Enjoy Strawberry Mousse Leftovers
Add some granola and/or additional non-fat Greek yogurt to make a healthy breakfast parfait.
If you’ve made this creamy, low fat, vegetarian Strawberry Mousse, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Creamy Low Fat Strawberry Mousse
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2-1/2 cups hulled strawberries, chopped
- 1-2/3 cups drained soft silken tofu
- Gather six 6-ounce ramekins or dessert glasses, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together apple juice, agave nectar, cornstarch and salt. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer and stir often.
- Reduce heat and continue to simmer, stirring constantly until thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Remove saucepan from heat and cool for 10 minutes. (Will be very thick.)
- In a food processor, or high-powered blender, add cooled apple juice mixture, chopped strawberries and tofu. Purée until smooth and creamy.
- Divide mousse evenly among ramekins or dessert glasses.
- Covert and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until well chilled, or up to 1 day.
Recipe source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla V. Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this low fat Blender Strawberry Mousse, you might also like:
- Skinny Greek Yogurt Pudding with Cardamom and Orange
- 3-Ingredient Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Easy Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
- Skinny Chocolate Mousse
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!