WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Caramel Hot Cocoa
(177 calories | 6 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
The season for indulging in hot cocoa is short here in Phoenix.
So, when the temperatures dipped into the 30s and 40s for several days recently, I took the opportunity to make a small batch of caramel crock pot hot cocoa.
The secret ingredient?
A little bit of caramel filled milk chocolate, which I just happened to have tucked away in the pantry, stirred in just before serving.
Surprisingly rich, sweet and creamy, considering it’s made with dry nonfat milk powder, this crock pot hot cocoa was the perfect way to take off the chill while indulging my sweet tooth.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Hot Cocoa?
According to my calculations, each serving has 177 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Low-Fat Caramel Hot Cocoa, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Caramel Crock Pot Hot Cocoa
- 1 cup dry skim milk powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 ounce chocolate covered caramel-filled candy bar
- Whipped cream or mini marshmallows (optiona)
- Sprinkle of cocoa powder (optional)
- I used my 1-1/2-Quart slow cooker.
- In a slow cooker, combine the skim milk powder, cocoa and sugar. Slowly add the water while whisking to avoid lumps.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 4 hours, or until hot.
- Break chocolate bar into pieces and add to the hot cocoa. Stir until completely melted.
- To serve, ladle into mugs and garnish with whipped cream and/or sprinkle of hot cocoa, if desired.
Source: Adapted from 300 Slow Cooker Favorites by Donna Marie Pye
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like caramel crock pot hot cocoa you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!