This easy, healthy, and delicious Chickpea and Feta Salad is another one of those winning weight watchers recipes from the July 8-14, 2012 Weight Watcher’s Weekly. It makes a great satisfying lunch on a bed of greens and would be a nice change of pace from the typical potato salad or macaroni salad at your next summer potluck or barbecue.
I love salad for lunch, especially during the summer months, and this Mediterranean Chickpea and Feta has been a hit since the first time I made it more than three years ago. It’s a great tasty way to fill yourself up with Weight Watchers power foods without weighing you down.
I love chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans), feta cheese, and all foods Mediterranean so this is a definite keeper for me. (The day I made it I had it for lunch and again at dinner since it was so good.)
Skinny on Weight Watchers Chickpea & Feta Salad
I pretty much made the recipe as it was written the first time. The only thing I did was add a little chopped cucumber. Since then I’ve modified it to suit whatever was on hand. Tasty additions have included chopped tomato, celery, radish, olives and capers. According to the WW Weekly, each 1/2 cup serving has 4 WWPP (which translates to around 160 calories; Since this recipe came directly from Weight Watchers, I didn’t bother to calculate the nutritionals. ) and 5 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 garlic cloves, or to taste, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons, thinly sliced scallions
- ½ large sweet red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fresh, finely minced parsley
- 9 large black or green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, place the chickpeas, garlic, scallions, red bell pepper, cucumber, parsley, olives, and feta cheese. Gently stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil and then pour over the chickpea mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to give the flavors a chance to meld.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve.
Next time, I'll try adding some chopped tomato too.
*PointsPlus® for Weight Watchers Chick Pea & Feta Salad calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
More Winning Weight Watchers Recipes for Salad:
Chicka Chicka Chickpea Lunch – a super simple chickpea salad with lemon and Parmesan (A Veggie Venture)
Lemony Chickpea Salad – with lemon and herbs (Eat Yourself Skinny)
Orzo Chickpea Salad – with dried cranberries and sauteed zucchini (Weight Watchers)
Skinny Chopped Greek Salad
Weight Watchers Orzo Salad with Vegetables
Mediterranean Couscous Chicken Salad
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.