I’ve received several comments and emails from folks who are less than thrilled with our August focus on Juicing. They’ve expressed dissatisfaction seeing only juice recipes appearing in their daily email.
When I decided to give juicing a try for 30 days it was for purely selfish reasons. I didn’t think about how it would effect those of you signed up for my daily emails who weren’t interested in juicing.
So, for the rest of the month I’m going to sift through the Archives to pull out and update some Weight Watchers friendly recipes perfect for right now.
Recipes like this simple summer corn tomato salad that I like even better than corn-on-the-cob. It’s the kind of recipe that’s only worth making when corn and tomatoes are fresh and in season.
Skinny on Summer Corn Tomato Salad
I love the combination of corn and tomatoes. And I love simple salads that can be tossed together in one bowl without a lick of cooking. The most challenging part of this summer corn tomato salad is cutting the corn from the cob. If you want some tips and hints for the best way to do it, I’ve included a video at the end of the post.
According to my calculations each serving has 110 calories and *3 Weight Watchers Points Plus. This salad will work for Simply Filling too if you count the oil toward your good health guidelines requirement.
- 6 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut the corn kernels from the cob into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine. Cover and let sit for at least 15 minutes to give the flavors a chance to meld.
Corn Salad Recipe Variations
To give this corn salad a southwestern slant add ½ teaspoon cumin and ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro and possibly a bit of chopped jalapeno
For an Italian twist, add ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
*PointsPlus® for this summer corn tomato salad calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this summer corn tomato salad recipe and post, you might also like:
- My post on How to Boil Corn on the Cob
- My post and recipe for Pasta with Fresh Corn and Tomatoes
- My post and recipe for Corn and Tomato Salsa
- A recipe for Summer Corn Salad with cucumber, green pepper and radishes from Weight Watchers
- A recipe for Mexican Grilled Corn and Mango Salad with jicama from Weight Watchers
- A recipe for summer tomatoes, corn, crab and avocado salad from SkinnyTaste
How To Cut Corn from the Cob:
Looking for more Weight Watchers Friendly Summer Recipe inspiration? Follow my WW Summer Recipes Board:
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!