(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 187 – Slow Cooker Ham and Sweet Potatoes)
Today’s recipe is for a Hawaiian inspired dish that combines cubes of sweet potatoes and ham with pineapple jam and pinepple chunks. All I can say is YUM! With just 4 Ingredients dinner doesn’t get much easier or tastier than this.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Ham and Sweet Potatoes
When I first presented this slow cooker ham and sweet potatoes dinner to Rod, he said it sounded strange. Then I reminded him that ham is often served with a pineapple glaze and sweet potatoes are often a yummy accompaniment. All I did was combine the ingredients into an easy one pot meal.
It was delicious. Roasted brussels sprouts made a nice accompaniment. After his initial skepticism, Rod had two servings!
Any tropical flavored jam would work well here. I used St. Dalfour’s pineapple mango.
According to my calculations each serving has 382 calories and *10 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
This slow cooker ham and sweet potatoes is most definitely a Do-Over.
- 4 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes (2 to 3 large)
- 14 ounces cooked ham steak, cubed
- 1 cup pineapple all fruit spread or jam (I used pineapple mango jam)
- 8 ounces can pineapple chunks, drained
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3 or 4-Quart
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
Any tropical flavored all-fruit spread of jam would work well in this easy and delicious slow cooker ham and sweet potato recipe.
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker ham and sweet potatoes calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked slow cooker ham and sweet potatoes:
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!