(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 188 – Crock Pot Chocolate Tapioca Pudding)
I enjoyed the slow cooker tapioca pudding I made a while back so much I decided to try a chocolate version. I’m so glad I did. It was creamy, rich and delicious. Perfect if you love creamy chocolate desserts as much as I do.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Chocolate Tapioca Pudding
Cocoa powder is a great low fat way of adding rich chocolate flavor to desserts with minimal calories. It’s a calorie conscious chocolate lover’s best friend.
Each serving of this crock pot chocolate tapioca pudding has 154 calories and *4 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 4 cups of milk (I used half whole milk and half so-delicious coconut milk beverage)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup dry small pearl tapioca
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- I used my 1-1/2 Quart slow cooker.
- Combine the milk and sugar, tapioca, cocoa powder and salt in your slow cooker, stirring well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every once in a while. (The tapioca should be soft but not very thick.)
- In a small mix bowl, beat the eggs slightly. Stir about ½ cup of the hot tapioca mixture and the vanilla into the eggs. (You are tempering the eggs so they don't scramble when you add them into the hot pudding.) Then stir in another ½ cup, mixing well.
- Stir the egg mixture back into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 more minutes.
- Transfer the pudding to a bowl (it should be thickened but still thin. Don't worry it thickens more as it chills.) Cover the surface with plastic wrap. Allow to cool at room temperature for 1 hour and then place it in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
*PointsPlus® for crock pot chocolate tapioca pudding calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked crock pot chocolate tapioca pudding you might also like: