(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 164)
I’ve always loved cabbage rolls.
But am way too lazy to make them.
An easy-peasy slow cooker cabbage roll casserole.
You get all the flavors of cabbage rolls in this slow cooker cabbage casserole with a LOT less effort.
I’ll admit that it’s not all that much to look at.
But, looks can be deceiving!
Simple and delicious, I’ll definitely be making this slow cooker cabbage casserole again.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 5 cups coleslaw mix
- ½ cup uncooked, converted rice (I used Uncle Ben's)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) Italian-style tomato sauce
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion, stirring occasionally, until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off any grease.
- Scrape the beef and onion mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. (The cooker will be full, but the cabbage will shrink a lot during cooking.)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the cabbage is tender.
Next time I'll bulk up this slow cooker cabbage casserole even more with another cup or two of cole slaw mix.
If you liked this slow cooker cabbage roll casserole you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for calculated for slow cooker cabbage roll casserole by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Today’s food for thought…
“Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
~ Mother Teresa
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!