(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 145)
I served this yummy slow cooker broccoli corn casserole with my first ever slow cooker whole chicken a couple weekends back.
Easy, creamy and delicious, it reminded me a lot of the vegetable casseroles Mom used to make for Sunday dinners when I was growing up.
Most of the time these days I eat my vegetables either steamed or roasted.
So this quick and easy slow cooker broccoli corn casserole was a fun and tasty change of pace.
Here’s a picture I shot of the leftovers the next day, which obviously are not as photogenic as they were the night before…
But, I don’t think I’m ever going to be one of those bloggers who’s willing to hold up sitting down to dinner with her family trying to capture the perfect shot. Especially when I’m hungry!
To shave a few calories and points from my slow cooker broccoli corn casserole and make it a bit more Weight Watchers friendly, I increased the amount of broccoli by 1/2 cup and decreased the french fried onions by the same amount.
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups creamed corn (14 to 15 ounce can)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt (I used Greek style)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup French-fried onions, divided
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2-Quart
- Grease your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the broccoli in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the corn, eggs, yogurt, flour and seasoned salt until it's well blended.
- Pour half the corn mixture over the broccoli.
- Sprinkle with half the onions.
- Pour the remaining corn mixture over the onions. Sprinkle the remaining onions on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours, or until the broccoli is tender and the casserole is set.
Source: adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
If you liked this recipe for slow cooker broccoli corn casserole you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for this slow cooker broccoli corn casserole calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Today’s food for thought…
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”
~ Henry David Thoreau
And weight loss tip…
Always portion out your food and put it in a dish. Studies show that when people pre-plate their food, they eat about 14% less than when they take smaller amounts and go back for seconds or thirds. Put everything you want to eat on a plate before you start eating – snacks, dinners, ice cream, and even chips. Your stomach won’t have to count and you won’t have to remember how much you took. Instead of eating directly out of the package or box, put your snack in a dish and put the box away. You’ll be less likely to eat more and more and more!
~ Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think
Do you have a favorite motivational quote and/or weight loss tip? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!