(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 134)
Tasty bite-size pieces of round steak slow cooked with onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and diced tomatoes.
This crock pot pepper steak makes for an easy and comforting dinner any night of the week.
The recipe calls for one bell pepper, but you could bulk it up and make it more colorful by using both a red and a green one.
After 7 hours of cooking on LOW, the steak and vegetables were plenty tender, so I flipped my crock pot to WARM until we were ready to eat.
The recipe makes 4 hearty servings.
We enjoyed it for dinner one night served over slow cooker rice with a simple green salad.
Last night to change things up, I heated the leftover crock pot pepper steak and then tossed it together with about 2 cups of cooked bow-tie pasta. So, I was able to cook once and enjoy what seemed like two completely different dinners!
To make this crock pot pepper steak work for simply filling, you need to skip the flour, but the end result will be less thick.
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly into half-moons
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced, mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cooked rice, if desired, for serving
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Place the pieces of beef in your slow cooker. Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to coat the meat with the flour. (For extra flavor I used a couple of teaspoons of Montreal Steak Seasoning, instead of salt and pepper.)
- Add the onion, pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms and soy sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours, until the beef and vegetables are tender.
- Serve over cooked rice, if desired.
Source: adapted from Gooseberry Patch 101 Slow-Cooker Recipes
If you liked this recipe for crock pot pepper steak you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for crock pot pepper steak calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.