(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 123)
Here’s another super simple recipe perfect for snacking on during Sunday’s Big Game: 3-ingredient crock pot chili cheese dip.
For me Super Bowl Sunday is all about the food (and the commercials).
I adapted the recipe for this crock pot chili cheese dip from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker, one of my favorite cookbooks for easy, practical Weight Watchers friendly crock pot recipes.
As written, the recipe called for sauteed onion and garlic salt, two ingredients that seemed totally unnecessary, so I skipped them.
Tasty and not as thick as some chili cheese dips, I thought it was yummy and ended up having it for dinner last night. Rod thought it was okay, not great, and opted for leftover Slow Cooker Ham and Wild Rice Soup instead.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) 99% fat free turkey chili without beans (I used Hormel)
- 1 cup salsa
- Ideal Slow Cooker: 2-Quart
- Place the cream cheese, chili and salsa in the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips.
This dip is thin, not thick and gloppy
Source: adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
If you liked this easy 3-ingredient crock pot chili cheese dip you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for crock pot chili cheese dip calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.3-Ingredient Crock Pot Chili Cheese Dip