(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 85)
We loved the Slow Cooker Apple Cake I made a while back so much, I decided to try a variation using a combination of apples and cranberries.
Instead of baking this slow cooker cranberry apple cake in a loaf pan, I baked it directly in the crock of the slow cooker, which I lined with parchment paper.
Served warm with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream, it made a delectable dessert.
This slow cooker cranberry apple cake also would be a great addition to your Christmas breakfast.
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker
- To make the cake easy to remove when it’s done, line your slow cooker with parchment paper so that it covers the bottom and comes up the sides by 3 to 4 inches. Smooth out the parchment as much as you can.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil, yogurt, egg and vanilla until creamy and well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until well combined. Stir in the apples and cranberries.
- (It will seem like too little batter for so many apples and cranberries, but it’s not.)
- Scrape the batter evenly into the prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and prop the lid open at one end with a wooden spoon handle or chopstick to let steam escape.
- Bake on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Begin checking after the slow cooker apple cake has been cooking 2 hours. If it isn’t done, cover and continue cooking for 15 to 30 more minutes and then check it again.
- When the cake is done, remove the stoneware insert with the cake and let it cool. The carefully remove the cake, using the parchment paper as handles. Carefully peel off the parchment paper and place cake on a serving plate.
- Cut into 9 pieces.
If you liked slow cooker cranberry apple cake you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker cranberry apple cake calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.