Are you looking for an easy slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe?
I’ve got one for you.
When I made this slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe recently it was a huge hit!
The older I get, the more I appreciate my slow cooker. And quick and easy recipes like this one for slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce.
I use my slow cooker a couple of times a week and the shorter the ingredients list the better.
All you need is about ten minutes of prep for this simple 3-ingredient simple slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe.
I used an easy slow cooker pulled pork loin with applesauce recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker to make these delicious pulled pork sandwiches.
Okay, you do have to shred the meat when it’s done, which takes a few more minutes. But it is so worth the effort, even for a lazy cook like me.
The original recipe calls for 3 pounds of pork, which makes 12 servings. So I cut the recipe in half. I used a 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast I had in the freezer, half the amount of applesauce and barbecue sauce and a smaller crock pot. It turned out moist, tender and delicious.
I’m giving the nutritional and Points for the pulled pork, not the sandwich, since there will be a lot of variation depending on what type of bun and/or coleslaw you use.
Give this slow cooker pulled pork loin recipe a try the next time you want dinner done easy.
- 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast visible fat removed
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 9 ounces favorite barbecue sauce (1 generous cup)
- The ideal size slow cooker for this recipe is about 4-quart.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Spread the applesauce over the top of the roast.
- Spoon the barbecue sauce over the top, being careful not to disturb the applesauce.
- Cover and cook on low, until the meat is very tender but not dry, 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker.
- Shred the meat using two forks.
- Put the shredded pulled pork into a bowl. Add some of the cooking broth so the meat is juicy, but not drowning in sauce.
- If desired, serve on whole wheat buns, with coleslaw.
Looking for More Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipes?
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Skinny & Delicious Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken
Company’s Coming Slow Cooker Roast
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbs de Provence
Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Style Pot Roast
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.