I love the tasty simplicity of this easy carrot apple slaw. And that it’s made with two ingredients I always have in the refrigerator: carrots and apples.
Shredded carrots and diced apple are tossed with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and freshly ground black pepper. It’s a lot like the French Shredded Carrot Salad, I love so much, except that this has apples and uses honey instead of sugar to add sweetness.
The recipe jumped out at me as I was reading through, “Weight Watchers five ingredient 15 minute recipes,” a magazine that I picked up during a visit to Costco back in February or March that got lost among my stacks and stacks of cookbooks and cooking magazines.
(Does that ever happen to you? Do you lose and or ignore things you “just had to have” in the moment for weeks, months and sometimes years? I know it’s a sign that I may have too many cookbooks and cooking magazines, but I’m not willing to remedy the situation, not yet anyway.)
I made the recipe as it was written, except for the addition of a handful of dried cranberries that I chopped up and tossed in, so I’m not going to recalculate the nutritional information/PointsPlus value. I’ll just add them as an optional addition in the ingredients list and let you decide.
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3-1/2 cups grated carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups diced Granny Smith apple (1 medium)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and honey until well blended. Add the carrots, apple and cranberries (if using) and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss again.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes You May Like