Slow Cooker Pizza Soup, an healthy and delicious soup perfect for pizza lovers! In fact, it’s called “Pizza in a Bowl” in FIX-IT and FORGET-IT LIGHTLY: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker, (the cookbook from which I adapted it slightly).
Made with your typical pizza ingredients – marinara sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions and pepperoni (low fat turkey) and topped with cheese – slow cooker pizza soup great way to satisfy a pizza craving for far fewer PointsPlus.
I love soup, especially this time of year. And slow cooker soups like this slow cooker pizza soup can be a life saver when you want to serve nourishing meals, but have limited time to spend in the kitchen.
We really enjoyed this slow cooker pizza soup, so I’ll be making it again soon. Next time, I’m thinking about using cooked Italian style turkey sausage instead of the pepperoni.
- 1 jar (26 ounces) fat free marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (2 cups)
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, cut into ½ inch pieces (2 cups)
- 6 ounces low-fat turkey pepperoni, chopped (I used Hormel)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dry macaroni
- Low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese as topping, optional
- Use a 4 to 5 quart crockpot for this recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients except the pasta and cheese in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, until the vegetables are tender. Thirty minutes before serving, add the dry pasta and turn up to high. Check occasionally. The pasta should be done in 15 to 30 minutes, depending on its size.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with cheese, if desired
Source FIX-IT and FORGET-IT LIGHTLY: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
If you liked this Slow Cooker Pizza Soup, here are more Weight Watchers friendly soups for you:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!