Have you ever had low fat impossible pumpkin pie? While I love pumpkin pie, I’m not a fan its soggy crust. It seems like such a waste of Weight Watchers points! There are several ways to solve the soggy crust dilemma. One of my favorites is to make an Impossible Pumpkin Pie, a quick and easy pumpkin pie recipe that has been around since the early 80s.
Skinny on Low Fat Impossible Pumpkin Pie
If you’re not familiar, an “Impossible Pie” is a popular back-of-the-box recipe from the makers of Bisquick baking mix. You add a small amount of Bisquick which turns into a firm, crust-like outer layer around the filling, similar to a what happens with a crustless quiche.
To make my Impossible Pumpkin Pie a little more Weight Watchers friendly, and turn it into a “low fat impossible pumpkin pie,” I substituted fat free evaporated milk for regular. You can also bake the batter in little mini muffin tins to make Skinny Mini Impossible Pumpkin Pie Bites, which is what I did for a guest post over at Danica’s Daily.
- ½ cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup evaporated non-fat milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl , stir the Bisquick mix, pumpkin puree, milk, sugar, butter, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla together with a wire whisk until well blended. (You can also whir everything together in a blender.) Pour the mixture into your prepared pie dish.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until a thin knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled.
- Serve with your favorite low calorie whipped topping if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
This recipe for low fat impossible pumpkin pie was adapted from: Betty Crocker Ultimate Bisquick Cookbook: Hundreds of new recipes, plus back-of-the-box favorites
More Weight Watchers Friendly Pumpkin Pie Recipes with Points Plus
Hungry Girls Upside Down Pumpkin Pie – A skinny crustless pumpkin pie topped with crushed graham cracker crumbs from the ever-so-clevery Hungry Girl with just 4 WWPP
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding – A new family favorite that everyone declared“Better than pumpkin pie” the first time I made it. 5 WWPP.
Skinny Pumpkin Pie Mousse – An easy mousse recipe that tastes a lot like pumpkin pie, but is far more light and creamy. Garnish with a gingersnap if you like. Just 2 WWPP.
Classic Pumpkin Pie Made Lighter – With refrigerated crust and evaporated skim milk this as quick and easy as it is light; 222 calories and 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus; from Cooking Light found at MyRecipes.
Weight Watchers Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust – delicious and rich with just a hint of spice with just 160 calories and 5 WW PointsPlus; found at Weight Watchers.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Pumpkin Recipes
Healthy Low Fat Pumpkin Bread, Muffin and Scones Recipe Roundup
Easy Healthy Low Fat Pumpkin Cake Recipe Roundup
Healthy Low Fat Pumpkin Cookie Recipe Roundup
3 Favorite Pumpkin Bread Recipes Lightened Up
Skinny Healthy Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!