What would Thanksgiving be without pumpkin pie? I guess your answer depends on whether you like it or not, but for my pumpkin pie loving family, it just wouldn’t be complete.
While I love pumpkin pie, I’m not a fan its soggy crust. There are several ways to solve the soggy crust dilemma. One tasty solution is to make your Pumpkin Pie with a Graham Cracker Crust. Another is to make an Impossible Pumpkin Pie, a quick and easy pumpkin pie recipe that has been around since the early 80s.
If you’re not familiar, an “Impossible Pie” is a popular back-of-the-box recipe from the makers of Bisquick baking mix. You add a small amount of Bisquick which turns into a firm, crust-like outer layer around the filling, similar to a what happens with a crustless quiche.
To make my Impossible Pumpkin Pie a little more Weight Watchers friendly, I substituted fat free evaporated milk for regular. You can also bake the batter in little mini muffin tins to make Skinny Mini Impossible Pumpin Pie Bites, which is what I did for a guest post over at Danica’s Daily.
- ½ cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup evaporated non-fat milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl , stir the Bisquick mix, pumpkin puree, milk, sugar, butter, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla together with a wire whisk until well blended. (You can also whir everything together in a blender.) Pour the mixture into your prepared pie dish.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until a thin knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled.
- Serve with your favorite low calorie whipped topping if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Pumpkin Pie Recipes
- My post with a collection of healthy pumpkin pie recipes gathered from around the web
- Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust (Weight Watchers)
- Skinny Mini Impossible Pumpin Pie Bites (Danica’s Daily)