Have you ever made mini meatloaf muffins?
You just take your favorite meatloaf recipe and bake it in muffin tins and voila – meatloaf muffins!
My current favorite meatloaf has just 6 ingredients – it’s a modification of Lipton’s Souperior Meat Loaf made with a package of dry onion soup mix – a staple in my Mom’s pantry when I was growing up.
Using a package of soup mix ensures that your meat loaf will be full of flavor without all the work involved with peeling and chopping onions.
To make my meatloaf muffins a little skinnier and healthier, I use quick cooking oats instead of bread crumbs, egg whites instead of whole eggs, and diced tomatoes instead of water.
These mini meatloaf muffins have 255 calories and 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus. Add some skinny mashed potatoes and peas or green beans to round out your dinner.
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef (7% fat or less)
- 2/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes with juice
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 ounce envelope of dry Lipton Onion Soup mix
- ½ cup chopped green pepper, optional
- extra ketchup for brushing on top, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except the extra ketchup, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 even portions and form these into balls. Lightly press the balls into 8 cups of a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
- Brush the tops of the “muffins” with ketchup, if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops have browned and the meat loaves have cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
If You Liked Skinny Mini Meatloaf Muffins You Might Also Like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.