Looking for a sweet treat that won’t blow your calorie budget? Check out this recipe for caramel chocolate oatmeal mini-bars. I think it’s a winner.
The combination of crunchy oat and brown sugar crust, chewy caramel and chocolate drizzle is simple and sweet and oh so delicious. And because they are sweet – one little mini bar should be enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. (Each little bar has 80 calories – 2 Weight Watchers Points+.)
These sweet, chewy and crunchy cookie bars are super easy to make too. You just stir together a simple crumb crust, press it in a pan and bake until golden. Then spread on a layer of melted caramel and drizzle with chocolate. That’s all there is to it!
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup milk chocolate morsels
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press the oat mixture evenly into the lined pan. (Be sure to press firmly.)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Place the caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered on High for 1 - 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted caramel over the hot crust and spread evenly to cover. Let stand 10 minutes or until the caramel is set.
- Lift the bars from the pan with the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board. Cut lengthwise into 8 rows.
- Place the chocolate morsels in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Spoon the melted chocolate into a resealable plastic bag. Twist the top of the bag and make a small cut in one corner.
- Squeeze out the chocolate in a continuous loop of chocolate along each row. Let stand until the chocolate is set.
- Cut the rows crosswise into sixths.
*PointsPlus® for calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
You might also like…