Looking for a sweet treat that won’t blow your calorie budget? Check out this recipe for caramel chocolate oatmeal mini-bars. I think it’s a winner.
Skinny on Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Mini Bars
The combination of crunchy oat and brown sugar crust, chewy caramel and chocolate drizzle is simple and sweet and oh so delicious. And because they are sweet – one little mini bar should be enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. (Each little bar has 80 calories – 2 Weight Watchers Points+.)
These sweet, chewy and crunchy cookie bars are super easy to make too. You just stir together a simple crumb crust, press it in a pan and bake until golden. Then spread on a layer of melted caramel and drizzle with chocolate. That’s all there is to it!
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup milk chocolate morsels
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press the oat mixture evenly into the lined pan. (Be sure to press firmly.)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Place the caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered on High for 1 - 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted caramel over the hot crust and spread evenly to cover. Let stand 10 minutes or until the caramel is set.
- Lift the bars from the pan with the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board. Cut lengthwise into 8 rows.
- Place the chocolate morsels in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Spoon the melted chocolate into a resealable plastic bag. Twist the top of the bag and make a small cut in one corner.
- Squeeze out the chocolate in a continuous loop of chocolate along each row. Let stand until the chocolate is set.
- Cut the rows crosswise into sixths.
*PointsPlus® for calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
More Weight Watchers Recipes:
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!