Another week, another meal plan. Do these posts roll around as quickly for you as they do me?
Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Meal Plans here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I'm planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
Taking the time to think about what I'm cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don't stick to it one hundred percent, but it helps to have a rough guide. And prevents me from reaching into the cookie jar or open bag of chips too often.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
(If you are looking for Healthy Meal Planning Solution with lots of options including low carb and vegetarian diets with complete nutritional information and Weight Watchers SmartPoints, my WW friend Kristen, from Slender Kitchen has a really good one.)
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Meal Plan Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Meal Plan (Week #26)
This week I'm going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and either:
1. English muffin (3PP) with one tablespoon peanut butter (3PP) and a small banana (0PP)
2. Cheerios (2PP) sprinkled with 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (1PP) with ½ cup blueberries (0PP) and ½ banana (0PP) and almond milk (2PP)
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here's research that supports this idea.) I eat lunch out a few days a week.
We've been doing a lot of celebrating around here the past couple of weeks and it will continue this wee, so I'm going to make a big pot of WW Zero Points Soup to have for lunch the days I'm home. It works with Simply Filling too.
1. WW Garden Vegetable Soup (0PP)- One of my favorite soups is this simple garden vegetable soup. Brimming with vegetables that you can modify it to suit your tastes and what’s available/in season. I'll have it with 1 serving of Triscuits (3PP) and a couple wedges of Laughing Cow cheese (2PP)
2. Leftovers from Dinner
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.) It's my birthday this week, so we'll be eating out even more than usual. I'm planning to keep it extra simple in the kitchen 🙂
1. Pork Chop - 4 ounces (4PP) grilled with teriyaki sauce (0PP) with baked sweet potato (4PP) and grilled asparagus (0PP) with 1 teaspoon olive oil (1PP) and lemon juice (0PP)
2. Easy Baked Fish with Lemon + Herbs (2PP)- Here’s an easy baked fish recipe with lemon and herbs that couldn’t be quicker, simpler or more delicious. It comes together in less than 20 minutes. Perfect when you need a quick and easy dinner. Serve with brown rice (3 PP) and carrots (0PP) roasted with olive oil (1PP)
3. Light Macaroni and Cheese with Cauliflower (8PP) with simple tossed green salad (oPP) with olive oil (1PP) and balsamic vinegar (0PP)
4. Breakfast for Dinner - Scrambled eggs (4PP) with cherry tomatoes (0PP) roasted with olive oil (1PP) and potatoes (4PP) roasted with olive oil (1PP) and herbs.
5. Leftover Buffet (AKA: Clean out the Fridge Night)
1. Light popcorn (2PP)
2. Apple (0PP) with a little peanut butter (3PP)
1. Enlightened Carrot Cake Cupcakes (6PP) - Since it's my birthday I'm going to celebrate with one of my favorite desserts of all time - carrot cake - made lighter 🙂
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!