WW Recipe of the Day: Chicken Brunswick Stew
(268 calories | 5 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This WW Brunswick Stew is hearty and satisfying, brimming with chunks of chicken and vegetables. We all liked it a lot.
We liked it so much we devoured it before I managed to snap a photo:-( What you see above is a stock photo which gives you a pretty good, but not exact, idea of what the finished recipe looks like.
This is definitely a recipe you can tinker with to make your own.
Adjust the amounts and kinds of vegetables to suit your tastes and what you have available.
Tasty additions you might want to consider include tomato sauce and/or bbq sauce.
The Skinny on Chicken Brunswick Stew
I made this batch of Weight Watchers Chicken Brunswick stew on the stove top.
Next time I'm going to try my slow cooker.
I'll cook the bacon and then toss it and everything else into the slow cooker, cooking on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until the chicken and vegetables are tender.
According to my calculations, each serving has 268 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made this Chicken Vegetable Stew, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Chicken Brunswick Stew Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each) cut into chunks
- 2 slices center cut bacon
- 2 stalks celery, sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped or sliced
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, green beans, lima beans)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and cayenne pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat it with the flour mixture.
- Place the bacon in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook until crisp. Remove the bacon and drain it on paper towels and set it aside. Add the chicken to the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is lightly browned 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the celery, onion and bell pepper to the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and broth, scraping up any flour and other brown bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the chicken, mixed vegetables, vinegar, sugar, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Crumble the bacon and stir it in too.
- Bring the stew up to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the vegetables are very tender and the stew has thickened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard it. Taste and add more salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce as desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Kitchen Tools Needed for This Recipe:
Looking for More Easy + Healthy Chicken Recipes?
- Skinny Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken And Gravy
- Chicken White Bean Salsa Soup
- Hungry Girl's Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!