I have Stephanie from A Year of Slow Cooking to thank for this delicious Slow Cooked Mint Glazed Lamb recipe. She brought smiles all around our Easter dinner table and turned me into a cooking leg of lamb success story (finally).
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
I didn’t grow up eating lamb and consequently never really learned how to cook it. Leg of lamb has been especially challenging. Little did I know the answer was located right under my kitchen counter in my slow cooker. (I love easy slow cooker recipes, but had never thought of using it for cooking leg of lamb.)
I’ll be forever grateful to Stephanie for turning me on to the slow cooker for cooking leg of lamb and one of the most easy lamb recipes ever. Her posts assured me that it was the only way she ever cooks lamb after trying grilling, baking, broiling and roasting. I still had my doubts that something so easy would be the solution to my lamb woes.
I’m still amazed at how delicious it turned out.
Not to mention how easy this boneless leg of lamb was to prepare. All it took was about 15 minutes to make the glaze, smear it on the meat, and plop it into the slow cooker set on low. And voila, 6.5 hours later there was a tender, juicy, flavoful boneless leg of lamb ready and waiting. (Stephanie’s instructions said to cook it on low for 7 to 9 hours but I think my slow cooker cooks hotter, because most everything I make tends to be done in less time than than suggested.)
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Boneless Leg of Lamb
Each 4 ounce serving has 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus value.
Now that I’ve got the technique figured out, I want to play around with different seasonings, rubs and glazes the next time I cook leg of lamb. That’s the fun part of cooking for me.
Thank’s Stephanie! I owe you big time 🙂
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 4 to 5 pound boneless leg of lamb
- ⅓ cup prepared mint jelly
- 12 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Suggested Slow Cooker Size: 6-quart
- Spray your slow cooker with oil or nonstick spray.
- Separate the onion rings and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place your boneless leg of lamb on top of the onion rings.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the mint jelly, fresh mint, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Smear the mint mixture on all sides of the meat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 7 hours, or until the lamb is fully cooked and begins to relax and lose it’s shape. (Mine was done in about 6.5 hours)
- To thicken the gravy, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until smooth and then whisk the mixture into the hot juices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this slow cooker boneless leg of lamb you might also like:
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.