WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Boneless Leg of Lamb
(245 calories | 10 10 10 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I have Stephanie from A Year of Slow Cooking to thank for this delicious Slow Cooker Boneless Leg of Lamb with Mint.
She brought smiles all around our Easter dinner table when I made this back in 2012 so, I wanted to bring it forward here for anyone who may have missed it.
Lamb intimidates me. I didn’t grow up eating it and consequently never learned how to cook it.
Leg of lamb has been especially challenging. Little did I know the answer was located right under my kitchen counter in my slow cooker.
I’ll be forever grateful to Stephanie for this incredibly easy, delicious slow cooker boneless leg of lamb with mint glaze.
In all of about 15 minutes, I was able to make the glaze, smear it on the meat, and plop it into the slow cooker.
And voila, 6.5 hours later I was rewarded with juicy, flavorful, tender lamb. (Stephanie’s instructions said to cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. I think my slow cooker cooks hotter because most everything I make tends to be done in less time than suggested.)
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Boneless Leg of Lamb
Each 4 ounce serving has 245 calories and:
10 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
10 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
10 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Thank’s Stephanie! I’m forever grateful 🙂
Slow Cooker Mint Glazed Lamb Recipe
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 4 to 5 pound boneless leg of lamb
- 1/3 cup prepared mint jelly
- 12 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Suggested Slow Cooker Size: 6-quart
- Spray your slow cooker with oil or nonstick spray.
- Separate the onion rings and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place your boneless leg of lamb on top of the onion rings.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the mint jelly, fresh mint, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Smear the mint mixture on all sides of the meat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 7 hours, or until the lamb is fully cooked and begins to relax and lose it’s shape. (Mine was done in about 6.5 hours)
- To thicken the gravy, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until smooth and then whisk the mixture into the hot juices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooker boneless leg of lamb, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Italian Style Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Braised Lamb Shanks
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Spiral Cut Ham
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!