Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Sausage and Vegetables
A medley of summer vegetables: corn, tomatoes, and zucchini, combined with spicy turkey sausage and cooked in the slow cooker until tender.
Easy. Healthy. Delicious.
This easy sausage and vegetables dish is flexible too.
Use whatever vegetables and/or seasonings you have on hand.
Add and/or substitute eggplant, yellow squash, red bell peppers and green beans as suits your fancy.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Sausage and Vegetables
- Leave out the sausage and this versatile summer dish becomes vegetarian.
- For Simply Filling use lean ground beef, chicken or turkey instead of sausage. (Add your favorite herbs/spices to make up for any loss of flavor. Garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, basil, tarragon, parley or cilantro would be good.)
- Add vegetable or chicken broth to turn into soup.
- Toss with pasta for a satisfying summer meal.
According to my calculations each serving of slow cooker sausage and vegetables has 179 calories, *5 Weight Watchers Points Plus and *4 SmartPoints.
Following Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, this is now *3 Freestyle SmartPoints.
Watch this short video to learn more about WW Freestyle:
Slow Cooker Sausage & Vegetables Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked spicy turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped fresh zucchini
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen corn
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, cilantro, tarragon or basil stirred in at the end (optional)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 5-Quart.
- Squeeze the sausage from it's casings. Break apart the sausage into small pieces and put it in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring and breaking any large clumps of sausage, until nicely browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Scrape the sausage and onions into the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, zucchini, corn, garlic (if using) and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the vegetables are very tender, 4 to 6 hours.
- Taste and add fresh herbs and/or additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve on its own, over rice or tossed with freshly cooked pasta.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked slow cooker sausage and vegetables:
I used the 4 quart ceramic insert from my Crock-Pot Choose-A-Crock Slow Cooker to make this easy and delicious slow cooker sausage and vegetables.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!