WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Couscous Stuffed Peppers
(235 calories | 5 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Couscous filled peppers with Moroccan flavors are a delicious departure from the rice and ground beef stuffed peppers I grew up on.
They are much lighter and more flavorful too.
Skinny on Vegetarian Slow Cooker Couscous Stuffed Peppers
I served them for supper with Caesar salad on the side. They would make a nice side dish for grilled chicken or fish too.
My peppers were so ginormous they required 1-½ times the the amount of stuffing specified, so you will want to stick with medium-large peppers to avoid running out of stuffing 🙂
According to my calculations each serving has 235 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these slow cooked couscous stuffed peppers, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes including Crock Pot Veggie Quinoa, Ratatouille, Creole White Beans with Rice, German Potato Salad and Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Casserole
If you've made these Low-Fat Vegetarian Couscous Stuffed Peppers, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Couscous Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 medium-large bell peppers (I used red and yellow)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- ½ cup water
- Pine nuts, for garnish (if desired)
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (if desired)
- Feta cheese, for garnish (if desired)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove top of pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers.
- In a microwave safe bowl microwave onion and garlic until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, raisins (if using) cumin, salt, cinnamon and smoked paprika. Stir in couscous.
- Divide couscous mixture evenly among peppers.
- Pour water into slow cooker; stand peppers upright in cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 5 to 7 hours, or until peppers are tender. Garnish with pine nuts, cilantro and/or feta cheese, if desired.
Source: adapted from Pillsbury Doughboy Slow Cooker Recipes
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.Here's another way to make slow cooker stuffed peppers with couscous:
I Used These Kitchen Tools To Make Couscous Stuffed Peppers
If you like slow cooker vegetarian couscous stuffed peppers:
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Eggplant (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Greek Stuffed Peppers (Martha Stewart)
- Slow Cooker Couscous Stuffed Peppers with Ground Beef (Betty Crocker)
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers (SkinnyTaste)
- Cheeseburger Stuffed Peppers (OrganizeYourselfSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!