(Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes #220 – Low Fat Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler)
A jumble of summer berries and moist sweet cake combine to create a winning dessert. Part cake, part cobbler, it’s a dessert designed for scooping up and serving in bowls making it perfect for baking in the slow cooker. Which is just what I did for our Slow Cooker 4th of July Extravaganza.
This was a huge hit with everyone, especially my berry and cake loving husband.
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
Skinny on Low Fat Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler
I used my Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Slow Cooker to bake this slow cooker berry cobbler, but any large oval crock pot should work.
According to my calculations each serving has 160 calories and *4 Weight Watchers Points Plus. You may want to save a few more points for a little ice cream or frozen yogurt to accompany it.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: Casserole Crock Pot or 6-Quart oval
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- In the slow cooker combine the blueberries, raspberries, and ¼ cup sugar, distributing evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, oil and vanilla to the flour mixture and whisk until blended and smooth. Carefully pour or spoon the batter over the berries and spread evenly.
- Place 3 long lengths of paper towels on top of the slow cooker, then set the lid in place.
- Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours, until the cake is set but still moist. Uncover, turn of the slow cooker and let cool for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Source: adapted for the slow cooker from Piece of Cake!: One-Bowl, No-Fuss, From-Scratch Cakes
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker berry cobbler calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this recipe for slow cooker berry cobbler you might also like:
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.