Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day – Low-Fat Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler
A jumble of summer berries and moist sweet cake combine to create a winning dessert. Part cake, part cobbler, it’s a dessert designed for scooping up and serving in bowls making it perfect for baking in the slow cooker.
Which is just what I did for our Slow Cooker 4th of July Extravaganza.
This was a huge hit with everyone, especially my berry and cake loving husband.
Skinny on Low Fat Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler
I used my Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Slow Cooker to bake this berry cobbler, but any large oval crock pot should work.
According to my calculations each serving has 160 calories and *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus. You may want to save a few more points for a little ice cream or frozen yogurt to accompany it.
Under WW Freestyle Program, this is now *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this summer berry cobbler, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler Recipe
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: Casserole Crock Pot or 6-Quart oval.
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- In the slow cooker combine the blueberries, raspberries, and 1/4 cup sugar, distributing evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, oil and vanilla to the flour mixture and whisk until blended and smooth.
- Carefully pour or spoon the batter over the berries and spread evenly.
- Place 3 long lengths of paper towels on top of the slow cooker, then set the lid in place.
- Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours, until the cake is set but still moist. Uncover, turn of the slow cooker and let cool for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with low-fat frozen yogurt or ice cream, if desired.
Source: adapted for the slow cooker from Piece of Cake! One-Bowl, No-Fuss, From-Scratch Cakes by Camilla Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this recipe for slow cooker berry cobbler you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler (365 Days of Slow Cooking)
- Rasberry Peach Cobbler (Weight Watchers)
- Slow Cooker Fruit Cocktail Cake (Simple Nourished Living)
- Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Coffee Cake (Simple Nourished Living)
What I used to make this berry cobbler dessert:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!