WW Recipe of the Day - Low-Fat Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler
A jumble of summer berries and moist sweet cake combine to create a winning dessert. Part cake, part cobbler, it's a dessert designed for scooping up and serving in bowls making it perfect for baking in the slow cooker.
Which is just what I did for our Slow Cooker 4th of July Extravaganza.
This was a huge hit with everyone, especially my berry and cake loving husband.
I used my Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Slow Cooker to bake this berry cobbler, but any large oval crock pot should work.
How Many Calories & WW Points in this Low-Fat Berry Cobbler?
According to my calculations each serving has 160 calories and
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
You may want to save a few more points for a little ice cream or frozen yogurt to accompany it.
Under WW Freestyle Program, this is now *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
If you've made this low fat Mixed Berry Cobbler, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler Recipe
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: Casserole Crock Pot or 6-Quart oval.
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- In the slow cooker combine the blueberries, raspberries, and ¼ cup sugar, distributing evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, oil and vanilla to the flour mixture and whisk until blended and smooth.
- Carefully pour or spoon the batter over the berries and spread evenly.
- Place 3 long lengths of paper towels on top of the slow cooker, then set the lid in place.
- Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours, until the cake is set but still moist. Uncover, turn of the slow cooker and let cool for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with low-fat frozen yogurt or ice cream, if desired.
Source: adapted for the slow cooker from Piece of Cake!: One-Bowl, No-Fuss, From-Scratch Cakes by Camilla Saulsbury
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this recipe for slow cooker mixed berry cobbler you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler (365 Days of Slow Cooking)
- Rasberry Peach Cobbler (Weight Watchers)
- Slow Cooker Fruit Cocktail Cake (Simple Nourished Living)
- Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Coffee Cake (Simple Nourished Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!