Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Creamy Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta
(380 calories | *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
This creamy slow cooker bacon ranch chicken pasta really hit the spot when we had it for dinner last night.
I’d been hankering for pasta for a while.
And at about 2:00PM, I looked at my watch and realized I hadn’t tossed anything into the slow cooker yet.
So, I needed something that would cook in just a few hours.
The Skinny on Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta
I adapted this recipe for creamy slow cooker bacon ranch chicken and pasta from one in Stephanie O’Dea’s great book, 365 Slow Cooker Suppers .
Steph calls it BLT chicken.
And directs you to cook whole boneless skinless chicken breasts for about 6 hours on LOW, then slice the cooked chicken, stir back into the sauce and serve over pasta.
I decided I could speed things up by cutting the chicken tenders I had in the fridge into bite size pieces.
I then stirred cooked bow-tie pasta in at the end so it would get coated with all the sauce’s tasty creaminess.
Served with a simple mixed green salad, we were both happy campers.
This is another recipe for my make again file.
According to my calculations, each serving has 380 calories, *10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Creamy Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Creamy Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken & Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 packet (1 ounce) dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon crumbles
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups dry bow-tie pasta, cooked according to package directions and added at serving time
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart.
- Grease your slow cooker.
- Cut the chicken tenders into bite-size pieces and place in your slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken pieces with the dry ranch dressing mix.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices and the bacon.
- Break the cream cheese into pieces and place on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, or until chicken is tender. Stir well to blend in the cream cheese.
- Just before serving stir in the cooked bowtie pasta.
Source: adapted from 365 Slow Cooker Suppers by Stephanie O’Dea.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this recipe for creamy slow cooker bacon ranch chicken and pasta you might also like:
- Olive Garden Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli
- Skinny Pasta with Broccoli and Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pasta Primavera
- Light & Creamy One Pot Pasta
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!