This sticky, shiny, chocolaty glaze has become a fast favorite. The perfect glaze for cakes, cupcakes and Easy Icebox Eclair Squares (which I promise to share soon). Warm from the microwave, this is excellent as a topping for ice cream or a dip for fresh fruit too.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Skinny Shiny Chocolate Glaze?
According to my calculations, each 2-teaspoon serving has 35 calories.
How to Make Easy Low Calorie Chocolate Glaze
Step 1: Gather and prep your ingredients.
Step 2: Place chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
Step 3: Place nonfat half and half and sweetener in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Pour mixture over the chocolate chips. Add vanilla and stir until smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Beat in the powdered sugar until creamy. Sift in the cocoa powder and beat until creamy. (Use a whisk or electric mixer to do the beating.)
If the mixture seems too stiff, beat in a little more nonfat half and half until you achieve the desired consistency.
Use as a glaze for cake or cupcakes. Warm and use as a dip for fresh fruit or topping for ice cream.
If you've made this Skinny Chocolate Fudge Glaze, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Chocolate Fudge Glaze
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons nonfat half and half
- ½ cup granulated no-calorie sweetener (I used Lankato Monkfruit sweetener)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder, preferably Dutch process
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Place the nonfat half and half and sweetener in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture over the chocolate chips. Add the vanilla. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Sift in the cocoa powder and beat again until smooth. (I used a wire whisk but you may want to use a hand held electric mixer)
Recipe source: Eat What You Love Everyday by Marlene Koch
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this WW friendly Chocolate Glaze, you might also like
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- Slow Cooker Raspberry Chocolate Sauce
- Chocolate Topped Peanut Butter Oat Cookie Bars
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!