If you are looking for simple pork chop recipes, here is an easy baked pork chops recipe with only six ingredients that comes together in minutes and then bakes in the oven unattended, giving you time to focus on the rest of dinner.
If you like easy recipes with minimal ingredients this recipe is for you. These simple baked pork chops turn out tender and tasty with lots of gravy for pouring over the chops.
It’s the kind of simple home-style meal Mom would have served on a cold winter night, complete with mashed potatoes, peas, and applesauce. Of course what to serve with these baked pork chops is totally up to you.
Tonight I’m serving them with a wild rice medley and steamed broccoli. Baked sweet potatoes, green beans, and cranberry chutney would work well too.
This recipe for simple baked pork chops calls for cream of chicken soup. There are many varieties at the market to choose from including organic, low sodium, and low fat versions.
If you prefer not to use canned cream of chicken soup, you can always whip up a quick white sauce using part milk and part chicken stock instead. It really doesn’t take much longer than opening a can and scraping out its contents.
Recently I discovered a recipe for a low sodium, low fat cream of chicken soup substitute mix that works well in recipes calling for canned cream of chicken soup. It is a tasty, budget friendly, low fat, low sodium alternative. I’ve included the recipe for this healthy cream of chicken soup alternative at the end of this post.
Simple Baked Pork Chops Recipe
Kitchen Bouquet, is a browning and seasoning sauce used by home cooks for decades, especially when making gravies. I found it on the grocery store shelf near the Worcestershire sauce, and other sauces and marinades.
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 (1-inch thick) pork chops
2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of water, chicken stock, or wine
3 tablespoons Kitchen Bouquet
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a glass baking dish that is just large enough to hold the pork chops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet, brown pork chops (2-3 minutes each side), and then place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Add soup, water, Kitchen Bouquet, salt and pepper to skillet, stirring well until combined and heated.
- Pour sauce over pork chops.
- Cover and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked to your desired degree of doneness. (We prefer pork cooked to an internal temperature of 160F degrees but you may like yours more or less done).
Source: This simple baked pork chops recipe is from the delightful cookbook, Food That Says Welcome: Simple Recipes to Spark the Spirit of Hospitality, by Barbara Smith.
If these easy baked pork chops are not what you had in mind, we have several more delicious baked pork chops recipes for you.
More Favorite Baked Pork Chops Recipes
Cream of Chicken Soup Healthy Substitute Mix Recipe
2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken bouillon granules
2 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl stir the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Store mixture in an airtight container at room temperature.
- When ready to use, combine 1/3 cup soup substitute mix with 1¼ cups water to equal 1 can of soup.
Nourishing Note: You may want to consider brining your pork if you have been disappointed with the its dryness and lack of flavor in recent years. There is just no comparison to the roasts and chops my mom prepared decades ago. For the details on brining pork. I intend to start making brining pork a regular practice since it really improves both the flavor and juiciness of pork chops and pork roasts.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!