Oven baked pork chops are a great choice for both easy everyday dinners and stress-free casual entertaining.
While the pork chops bake, you can easily work on making the salad and/or vegetables that will accompany them.
To keep things even easier, consider baking or roasting some potatoes or a vegetable medley in a pan beside the chops.
Of course, all cooking times are approximate since the actual time required to cook your pork chops will depend on a number of variables including the size and thickness of your pork chops, your oven's temperature, and your desired degree of doneness.
It can be very helpful to have an oven thermometer to verify and adjust your temperature setting and an analog instant-read dial thermometer to verify the internal temperature and doneness of the meats you cook.
Here are a few of my go-to recipes I've collected through the years.
Favorite Baked Pork Chops Recipes
#1 Herb Breaded Baked Pork Chops
These herb breaded oven baked pork chops are moist, flavorful, and easy with only 6 ingredients. It's one of my all time favorite recipes for baked pork chops.
They are perfect when you need dinner fast. Because they are cooked at a high temperature, there is no need saute them first. For even crispier results, bake the pork chops on a rack in a roasting pan.
Oven Baked Pork Chops Recipes
- 4 pork loin chops ¾ to 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with the butter. In a shallow dish, combine egg, milk, and pepper. Place stuffing mix in another shallow dish. Dip chops into egg mixture. Coat both sides with stuffing mix. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes. Turn chops. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
- Source: This Oven-Baked Pork Chop Recipe comes from New Cook Book (Better Homes and Garden)
#2 Parmesan Crusted Baked Pork Chops
These tender, moist, and tasty baked pork chops are perfect for a casual autumn dinner for family or friends. I love to serve them with baked sweet potatoes, roasted sliced apples and a simple green salad with maple mustard vinaigrette to capture the best flavors of Fall.
Parmesan Crusted Oven Baked Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 cups finely crushed Ritz cracker crumbs Panko bread crumbs, or corn flakes cereal crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 6 boneless pork chops 1-inch thick
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish large enough to hold the pork chops in one layer with cooking spray. In a medium-sized bowl, combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and sage; set aside. Coat each pork chop with yogurt, then dip all sides in crumbs.
- Place pork chops in the greased baking dish. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
Source: This tasty recipe comes from The Essential Mormon Cookbook by Julie Badger Jensen
#3 Garlic Parmesan Crusted Baked Pork Chops
This is a quick and easy oven baked pork chops recipe that is sure to become a family favorite. Moist and crispy pork chops are topped with a rich garlic, Parmesan cream sauce. We enjoy these baked chops served with sauteed spinach.
Oven Baked Pork Chops Recipes
For the Baked Pork Chops:
- 6 ½ to ¾-inch pork chops
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
For the Parmesan cream sauce:
- ¼ cup butter divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine or chicken broth
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a roasting pan and rack with cooking spray.
- In a bowl large enough to fit a pork chop, mix the milk and mustard. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish or plate.
- Drip the pork chops in the milk mixture and then coat all over with the breadcrumbs. Place pork chops on the rack in the roasting pan.
- Bake the pork chops for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cream, wine, and cheese. Reduce heat and simmer 3 to 4 minutes until the sauce reduces and becomes thick.
- Remove pan from the heat and whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons butter until smooth and creamy. Serve sauce with the pork chops.
Source: This tasty quick and easy recipe for baked pork chops is from the Southern Living Our Readers Top-Rated Recipes (Southern Living)
More Oven Baked Pork Chops Recipes
Baked Pork Chops with Apples Recipes (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Simple Baked Pork Chops (Simple-Nourished-Living)
Baked Pork Chops and Gravy (Campbell's Kitchen)
Original Ranch Baked Pork Chops (Hidden Valley Ranch)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply