I’ve certainly been in a baking mood lately, though I suppose it happens this time every year!
And since it’s so easy to overdo it with sweet treats during the holidays, I wanted to bake something that wasn’t too sweet and could be enjoyed as a snack anytime of day.
I’m happy to say that I found that “not-too-sweet something” in this Sugar Free Savory Lemon Rosemary Blueberry Bread.
The Skinny on Lemon Rosemary Blueberry Bread
One loaf provides 10 slices and, according to my calculations, each slice has approximately 210 calories and 6* Weight Watchers Points Plus.
Savory Lemon Rosemary Blueberry Bread
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup frozen blueberries not thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts unsalted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, process the oats until they are the same consistency as flour. Set aside 2 teaspoons of oat flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the remaining oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, safflower oil, honey and lemon juice.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Toss frozen blueberries with the reserved 2 teaspoons oat flour until coated.
- Gently stir the blueberries, walnuts, rosemary and lemon zest into the batter.
- Line your 8x4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle a few whole rolled oats over the top, if desired.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Recipe Source: Clean Eating November/December 2014
*PointsPlus® for this Savory Lemon Rosemary Blueberry Bread calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International Inc.
More Favorite Bread and Muffin Recipes:
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!