WW Recipe of the Day: Lemon Rosemary Blueberry Bread
(210 calories | 7 6 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I've certainly been in a baking mood lately, though I suppose it happens this time every year!
And since it's so easy to overdo it with sweet treats during the holidays, I wanted to bake something that wasn't too sweet and could be enjoyed as a snack anytime of day.
I'm happy to say that I found that "not-too-sweet something" in this Sugar-Free Savory Lemon Rosemary Blueberry Bread.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Savory Gluten-Free Bread
One loaf provides 10 slices and, according to my calculations, each slice has approximately 210 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Lemon Blueberry Bread with Fresh Rosemary, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Savory Lemon Rosemary Blueberry Bread
- 2-½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup low-fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup safflower oil
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, not thawed
- ⅓ cup chopped unsalted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, process the oats until they are the same consistency as flour. Set aside 2 teaspoons of oat flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the remaining oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, safflower oil, honey and lemon juice.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Toss frozen blueberries with the reserved 2 teaspoons oat flour until coated.
- Gently stir the blueberries, walnuts, rosemary and lemon zest into the batter.
- Line your 8x4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle a few whole rolled oats over the top, if desired.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe Source: Clean Eating November/December 2014
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Favorite Bread and Muffin Recipes:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!