Oven breaded pork chops are perfect when the cool days of Fall arrive and you want a cozy farmhouse style dinner.
These breaded pork chops are moist, easy and flavorful thanks to crushed herb stuffing mix.
With only 6 ingredients they come together in minutes – perfect when you need dinner fast.
These oven-breaded pork chops are one of my favorite baked pork chops recipes.
Because they are cooked at a high temperature, there is no need brown the pork chops first, so while they bake in the oven unattended, you are free to concentrate on a side dish or two.
Serve your herb baked pork chops with mashed potatoes, green beans, and apple sauce for a satisfying home-style meal just like Grandma would have made or for a real farmhouse style meal, whip up a batch of macaroni and cheese with broccoli to serve alongside.
Cooking Notes: You may also want to consider brining your pork if you have been disappointed with the its dryness and lack of flavor. There is just no comparison to the roasts and chops my mom prepared decades ago.
For the details on brining pork. I intend to start making brining pork a regular practice since it really improves both the flavor and juiciness of pork chops and pork roasts.
If you’ve made these breaded baked pork chops, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Oven Breaded Baked Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 pork loin chops (about 3/4- to 1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Coat a 9X13-inch baking dish with the butter.
- In a shallow dish, combine egg, milk, and pepper.
- Place stuffing mix in another shallow dish.
- Dip chops into egg mixture first, then coat both sides with stuffing mix. Place pork chops in prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes. Turn chops. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until cooked to your desired degree of doneness. (We prefer an internal temperature of 145F degrees.)
Source: This Oven Breaded Pork Chops Recipe comes from from New Cook Book (Better Homes and Garden)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Not in the mood for baked and breaded pork chops?
We have several more yummy baked pork chops recipes for you to consider.
More Baked Pork Chops Recipes
- Herb-Breaded Baked Pork Chops
- Parmesan Crusted Oven-Baked Pork Chops
- Garlic Parmesan Baked Pork Chops
- Baked Pork Chops with Apples
- Simple Baked Pork Chops
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!