Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Avocado Cucumber Soup Recipe
Click Here for More Easy & Delicious Soup Recipes!
It might be hot outside, but you can stay cool as can be with this chilled avocado cucumber soup whirled together in the blender in minutes. Enjoy as part of a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
Skinny on Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
Try something new this summer – Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup. Buttery avocados and cool cucumbers blend together to make a fantastic, diabetic-friendly, Weight Watchers friendly cold soup. The smooth texture of avocado gives this chilled soup a thick consistency, making heavy or sour cream unnecessary.
This version is simple and straightforward, seasoned with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
For a zestier soup, add your favorite seasonings to taste. Garlic, anchovies, fresh herbs (parsley, basil, dill, cilantro, mint tarragon), scallion, chopped jalapeño are all flavorful possibilities.
Cold soups make a refreshing lunch or light supper when served with a salad, sandwich or simply crusty or toasted bread.
According to my calculations each serving has 99 calories, 3 Points Plus and 4 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and halved
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and halved
- 1 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: chopped green onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro
- In a blender or food processor, puree the avocado, cucumbers, chicken broth, evaporated milk, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled. If the soup is too thick, stir in a little more broth or evaporated milk until you achieve your desired consistency
Optional additional seasonings: garlic, fresh herbs (dill, parsley, basil, mint, cilantro), anchovies, jalapeños, scallions, etc.
Cooking Tip: To easily seed cucumbers, cut in half and run a knife or spoon down the center of the cucumber to scrape out the seeds.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.