(Easy Healthy Crock Pot Recipe #213 – Easy 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli)
I had several readers ask about using alfredo sauce instead of marinara in the easy slow cooker Italian chicken. I thought it was a brilliant idea and decided to give it a try.
To bump up the nutrition further and make this 4 – Ingredient slow cooker chicken alfredo with broccoli a complete meal in a bowl, I added several cups of broccoli florets.
It was a hit!
Skinny on Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli
Using light alfredo sauce instead of regular saves a ton of fat and calories. I used the refrigerated kind, but jarred should be okay too. The sauce thinned out a lot during cooking but was fine once I tossed it with the pasta and broccoli.
According to my calculations each serving has 331 calories and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 container (10 ounces) refrigerated light alfredo sauce (I used Buitoni)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups (4 ounces) penne pasta
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 to 2-Quart
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces
- Place in the slow cooker
- Pour in the jar of sauce
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, adding the broccoli to the water during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Stir together the pasta and broccoli and chicken and alfredo. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan, if desired.
*PointsPlus® for chicken alfredo with broccoli calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked chicken alfredo with broccoli you might also like: