Here’s an easy tasty low fat berry ricotta tiramisu. It’s the first recipe I’ve tried from Fabulicious!: Fast & Fit: Teresa’s Low-Fat, Super-Easy Italian Recipes, which I borrowed from the library.
We’re big tiramisu lovers. Made the traditional way with eggs and mascarpone – one of the richest creamiest cheeses on the planet – it’s decadently delicious.
I love light and easy no cook recipes like this. All it takes is a little assembly to create an impressive dessert. What could be easier?
The Skinny on Berry Ricotta Tiramisu
This recipe uses a combination of low fat ricotta cheese and skim milk to replace the mascarpone. Using little glasses keeps dessert perfectly portion controlled.
I didn’t have quite enough ricotta mixture to distribute among my four glasses. So I made a little more and changed my recipe here accordingly.
I liked this skinny berry ricotta tiramisu. But it tasted more like cannoli than tiramisu.
A huge cannoli lover, I’d definitely make these parfaits again.
According to my calculations each serving has 235 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons low fat milk
- 4 tablespoons confectioners sugar, divided use
- ¼ cup cold brewed French or Italian roast coffee
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 8 dry ladyfingers, crushed into crumbs in a plastic bag with a rolling pin
- ¾ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ ounce (1/2 square) dark chocolate, grated
- Have ready four 4-ounce parfait glasses. (I used small drinking glasses.)
- In a small bowl mash together the ricotta, milk and 3 tablespoons of the sugar with a rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth and creamy. In another small bowl stir together the coffee, rum and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- To assemble the berry ricotta tiramisu: Put about 2 tablespoons of ladyfinger crumbs into the bottom of each glass. Top with a scant 2 teaspoons of the coffee mixture. Top with a scant 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture. Repeat the layers with coffee crumbs, coffee mixture and ricotta. Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Just before serving divide the berries among each of the four glasses. Sprinkle with grated chocolate. (To grate chocolate use the large holes of a box grater and grate onto a sheet of wax paper.
Source: adapted from Fabulicious!: Fast & Fit: Teresa’s Low-Fat, Super-Easy Italian Recipes
*PointsPlus® for Skinny Berry Ricotta Tiramisu calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked Skinny Berry Ricotta Tiramisu:
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!