(Year of Weight Watchers Crock Pot Cooking Day 184 – Slow Cooker Boneless Leg of Lamb with Mint)
I have Stephanie from A Year of Slow Cooking to thank for this delicious Slow Cooker Boneless Leg of Lamb with Mint. She brought smiles all around our Easter dinner table when I made this back in 2012 so I wanted to bring it forward here for anyone who may have missed it.
Lamb intimidates me. didn’t grow up eating it and consequently never learned how to cook it. Leg of lamb has been especially challenging. Little did I know the answer was located right under my kitchen counter in my slow cooker.
I’ll be forever grateful to Stephanie for this incredibly easy, delicious slow cooker boneless leg of lamb with mint glaze.
In all of about 15 minutes I was able to make the glaze, smear it on the meat, and plop it into the slow cooker. And voila, 6.5 hours later I was rewarded with juicy, flavorful, tender lamb. (Stephanie’s instructions said to cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. I think my slow cooker cooks hotter because most everything I make tends to be done in less time than suggested.)
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Boneless Leg of Lamb
Each 4 ounce serving has 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus value.
Thank’s Stephanie! I’m forever grateful
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 4 to 5 pound boneless leg of lamb
- ⅓ cup prepared mint jelly
- 12 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Suggested Slow Cooker Size: 6-quart
- Spray your slow cooker with oil or nonstick spray.
- Separate the onion rings and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place your boneless leg of lamb on top of the onion rings.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the mint jelly, fresh mint, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Smear the mint mixture on all sides of the meat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 7 hours, or until the lamb is fully cooked and begins to relax and lose it’s shape. (Mine was done in about 6.5 hours)
- To thicken the gravy, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until smooth and then whisk the mixture into the hot juices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
Tender and delicious. Everyone loved it. This would only serve 16 dedicated & disciplined Weight Watchers members. My family ate a lot more than 4 ounces because it was so good.
Now that I know to cook boneless leg of lamb in the slow cooker, I will experiment with different rubs and seasonings.
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker boneless leg of lamb with mint glaze calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this slow cooker boneless leg of lamb you might also like: